If you’ve heard of 3D printing but have yet to look into it for yourself, you’re definitely missing out on an amazing and advanced new technology. While 3D printing may seem too good to be true, or a mere thing of the future, that future is now! By utilizing a 3D printer, you will be able to choose from an almost endless amount of items to print, and you can even make the printable models for yourself from scratch. This not only allows you the opportunity to design and create your very own print-out items, but you can also choose exactly what material you would like your printed object to be made out of. Gold, silver, aluminum, stainless steel, and plastic are just a few of the material options you can select from.
Just 7 awesome things that you can make with a 3D printer include:
1. Jewelry— Whether you want a new pair of earrings, a ring, bracelet, or a necklace, you will be able to choose exactly how you want your jewelry to look. Better yet, you have the ability of creating completely new, never before seen pieces. Make that special someone feel even more special by creating them their very own, personalized piece of jewelry.
2. Décor— If your home is in need of some fresh artwork and new décor, try designing this décor on your own with the help of a 3D printer. Sculptures, ornaments, boxes, and candle holders are just a few of the things that you can create.
3. Personalized items— Because 3D printers enable you to design items all on your own, you can easily incorporate someone’s name, a school mascot, a company logo, and more into your creation. With a 3D printer, you’ll never wonder what to get someone as a gift ever again.
4. Models— Model planes, cars, and trains are just the tip of the iceberg. You can create smaller representations of virtually anything you’d like. This can be extremely useful to those working on large-scale construction projects or things of the like. You will be able to design, create, and view your project as a model before even beginning any actual building or construction. This will help to work out any kinks your project may have before making anything too permanent, which can save you lots of valuable time and money in the end.
5. Figurines— Design and create all of your favorite comic and cartoon figurines, or even make completely new figurines based off of your own ideas.
6. Utensils— From cups and mugs to plates, bowls, and forks, you can fill your kitchen and home with your very own utensil designs.
7. Missing pieces to objects you already own— Everyone knows just how annoying it is to be missing a piece to a game, a lid to a container, or pretty much missing a piece to anything in general. Recreate all of your missing items with a 3D printer and never go without a crucial piece to something ever again.
But don’t let your imagination stop there. The ideas and possibilities are endless with the help of a 3D printer.